As the world is constantly exposed to some or other forms of diseases, it becomes necessary to have qualified personnel hired in all areas of the health sector. As a result, healthcare as an industry is growing at a rapid pace adding new areas of research and study, including the popular field of health sciences.
As the term suggests, health science refers to the application of science to health-related topics like medicine, nutrition, and environmental health. Those unfamiliar with the term health sciences can define it as the study of improving health systems and policies as well as knowledge of STEM disciplines, i.e. science, technology, engineering and mathematics. Essentially, Health Sciences is a multidisciplinary field in which a student can study health care management, human illness, nutrition, illness, addiction, autism, mental health, therapy, patient’s anatomy and situation.
Taking such courses in the home country is beneficial, but studying the same foreign countries not only improves a student’s knowledge but also improves other areas of their skills. Students can choose to take health science courses from any country abroad, but the teaching methods used in Canada are considered one of the best. The curriculum designed by the academic institutes helps students to acquire theoretical knowledge of healthcare which forms a solid foundation for practical implementation. For international students, health science courses in Canada open the door to well-paying career opportunities.
Our health science degrees such as MBBS, BDS, MDS, BPharm, etc. are not recognized to go further in practice as doctors, dentists or pharmacists, as these are licensed professions in Canada. Obtaining a license requires years of hard work and several levels of examinations. Obtaining a health science degree at the UG level makes the process easier and smoother.
Reasons to Study Health Sciences in Canada:
One of the main reasons for choosing Canada as a study abroad option is the country’s advanced healthcare system, which provides many opportunities for students to pursue a career in the health sciences. Canada offers some of the best health science institutions known to provide world-class education and training. Another major reason to study here is the availability of the latest study materials, well-researched scholars, flexible fee structure, and culture-rich study environment.
Popular health sciences programs offered in Canada:
From nursing to medical sciences, students can choose to study from a wide range of program options available in health sciences. Every academic institute in Canada is designed to enhance the overall student experience with the required technology and latest tools for these courses. Some of the courses include:
- Bachelor of Health Sciences
- BA in Health and Community Service
- Bachelor of Health Management
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Psychiatric Nursing
- Bachelor of Applied Health Sciences in Paramedic
- Bachelor of Kinesiology
- Bachelor of Science in Physical Activity
- Bachelor of Science in Health Information Science
- Bachelor of Science in Human Nutritional Sciences
- Scientific Baccalaureate, Biotechnology
- Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory
- Bachelor of Health in Biomedical Sciences
- Bachelor of Health Sciences in Respiratory Therapy
- Bachelor of Science in Bioveterinary Science
- Bachelor of Technology in Digital Health
Canada also offers undergraduate courses at diploma and advanced diploma level. Some popular courses are:
- dental assistance
- Dental hygiene
- Medical laboratory technology
- Occupational Therapist / Physiotherapist Assistant
- Auxiliary nursing
- Therapeutic recreation
- Medical Laboratory Assistant
- Food Technology
- Human Kinetics – Exercise Science
Admission Requirements for Health Sciences Courses in Canada:
Students planning to study health sciences in Canada must meet certain specific eligibility criteria based on the requirements of the academic institute in which they choose to study. However, there are some common requirements that every student must meet, such as:
- The student must have passed grade 12 or an equivalent qualification.
- The student must have achieved the required scores in English proficiency tests like TOEFL and IELTS.
If you also want to pursue a career in the health sciences but are confused with the range of options available, log on to the website today to search based on your profile or book a session virtual advice with our expert advisors who will help you choose. the best.