Cowbellpedia Mathematics Competition 2022 is now Out. The long Awaited cowbell mathematics competition for 2022/2023 session is out.
This is to inform all participants of the 2022 CowBellpedia Competition and the general public including School Principals, Proprietors, Proprietress, Teachers, Parents that Cowbell Result 2022 1st stage is out.
Know About The Cowbellpedia Competition
In the last 20 years, Cowbell has been involved in the sponsorship of Mathematics competition for Secondary Schools in Nigeria to identify, recognize and reward excellence in the subject area of Mathematics.
Latest Update on Cowbellpedia Mathematics Competition 2022
Cowbellpedia Competition 2020/2021 has been suspended indefinitely.
So Also is The 2022/2023 Cowbellpedia Math Competition.
Promasidor Suspends 2020 for a Reason The Cowbellpedia Secondary School Math TV Quiz Show Registration and Examination Exercise Indefinitely.
Announcing that the Promasidor Company, the makers of Cowbell Our Milk and the sponsor of COWBELLPEDIA Secondary School Mathematics TV Quiz Show, has ceased registration and activities for the 2022/2023 season.
Competition will not be held in 2022 because of this.
Online registration for 2020 Cowbellpedia Mathematics which began on January 1, 2020, and was shut down without warning to schools, individual candidates, or members of the general public a week later.
The registration process was abruptly halted for unknown reasons, and as the days, weeks, and months passed, no word came from the competition’s organizers.
One of the schools that had registered before the portal was shut down provided us with this information.
Promasidor has withdrawn its sponsorship of the competition as soon as text messages were sent to schools that had already signed up for the competition.
Below is a portion of a text message that was sent to a registered school’s phone.
It has been announced that COWBELLPEDIA has been suspended by the competition’s sponsor, PROMASIDOR, immediately. Regrets.
Also if you notice the official Cowbellpedia Competition website is down.
However, we think the Cowbellpedia Mathematics Competition might hold this year regardless. So it is expected to still read the article to know everything about the Cowbellpedia Exam so as to get prepared beforehand.
Stage one (National Written Exam)
At the conclusion of the written National Qualifying examination, top-performing students and teachers from each nation are rewarded for excellent performance as listed below:
- First position in each State (Junior & Senior): ₦30,000 each
- Second position in each State (Junior & Senior): ₦25,000 each
- The third position in each State (Junior & Senior): ₦20,000 each
- Teacher of the First position in each State (Junior & Senior): ₦30,000 each
Stage Two (TV Quiz Show)
Here are the benefits offered to each of the outstanding students and also their Mathematics Teachers at the end of the second stage of the Cowbellpedia Competition:
- First Position in each Category (Junior/Senior): ₦2,000,000
- Second Position in each Category (Junior/Senior): ₦1,500,000
- Three Position in each Category (Junior/Senior): ₦1,000,000
- Fourth-sixth Position in each Category (Junior/Senior): ₦150,000
- Teachers of the First Position winners in each Category (Junior/Senior): ₦500,000
- Teachers of the Second Position winners in each Category (Junior/Senior): ₦400,000
- Teachers of the Third Position winners in each Category (Junior/Senior): ₦300,000
- Teachers of the Fourth-Sixth Position winners in each Category (Junior/Senior): ₦75,000
- All eliminated Semifinalists (12 per Category) Students (Junior/Senior): ₦75,000
- Teachers of all eliminated Semifinalists (Junior/Senior): ₦50,000
- All Students Eliminated in Prelim, 36 per Category (Junior/Senior): ₦50,000
- Teachers of all Students eliminated in prelim (Junior/Senior): ₦30,000
Besides the cash prizes, each of the contestants is given additional gift items as listed below:
- First and Second position students along with their Teachers have a Laptop each.
- Trophies and medals for 1st -3rd Positions.
- Every other student receives a Tablet each.
- Textbooks and Pcs are given to the winners’ schools.
Also, some special recognitions are awarded the following to:
- Best students in the Cowbellpedia 60 seconds of Fame (Student who answered the highest number of questions in 60 seconds).
- Benson Oweka Prize: usually awarded to the most consistent School in the last three years of the competition.
- Best Teacher of this year.
However, Cowbellpedia competition comes in two stages
- Stage One: Qualifying written examination across the nation for students in JSS3 and SSS 2 in both public and private Secondary Schools.
- Stage Two: The Television Quiz-show where the best 54 students per category converge in Lagos to toggle it in a studio-based competition for the coveted prize of the future inventor.
Therefore, each School is expected to register their Best Ten (10) students in Mathematics (five JSS3 and five SSS2), irrespective of their gender, religion, tribe or state of origin, to boost their chances of qualifying for the second stage of this competition.
How to Apply for Cowbellpedia Competition
Entrance into the Cowbellpedia Mathematics Competition is absolutely free. However, all registrations are done on the official website of COWBELL following the following steps:
- Visit http://www.cowbellpedia.ng/#/home to register your school.
- Fill out the form and then submit. Be sure to fill all of the necessary fields
- An email will be sent to the school and Main contact email addresses provided when filling the form.
- Use the link in the email received to verify the email addresses. The school email address has to be verified before you log in.
- After school email is verified, log in to the portal using the school password and email used to register.
- Once the login is successful, click on the ‘Add Candidates’ under Candidate Management.
- Fill in the candidate’s information on the form, upload the candidate’s picture and click the Save Draft button.
- You will need to save draft information for 5 candidates before you can submit their registration. If your school is a mixed one, at least 2 of those candidates have to be girls or you may not be able to complete the registration.
- After creating the draft registration for 5 candidates in a category (junior/senior), a button will be displayed on the page to” Register junior/senior candidates”. Click on the button to fill out the registration of candidates for that category.
- A confirmation slip will be generated for you to download and are also sent to the institution, candidate and also parent/guardian current email address.
- Printing this confirmation slip and have it stamped and signed with the school principal.
- The confirmation slip will be demanded to admit applicants in the exam venue.
General Rules and Regulations
- Stage 1 (Qualifying Written Examination) will hold in all states of the federation including the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja on Saturday, February 9th, at 10:00 am. But, certification of candidates begins at 8:00 am.
- Latecomers won’t be allowed to write the exam.
- Candidates are to come with a pencil, biro, eraser, ruler and statistical table, NO CALCULATORS WILL BE ALLOWED.
- Any act of misconduct will lead to disqualification of the candidate.
- All candidates MUST be in their School uniform.
- Please refer to the examination centre list to check for the centre nearest you.
- The competition is ONLY available for Students in JSS 3 and SSS 2. Candidates in any other Grade/Class will be disqualified.
- The decision of NECO and Promasidor Nigeria Limited is final. As they will not come into any correspondence with anybody on the conduct of this particular examination.
- Candidates are advised to check their Cowbellpedia Mathematics Competition results online at www.cowbellpedia.ng
- Students are advised to sit for the examination at the centres nearest to them.
- Results may also be obtained from various NECO State offices, State Ministries of Education and also Promasidor Nigeria Ltd Offices nationwide.
- Only qualified applicants will be contacted for the next stage of the Quiz competition.
- The Second Stage of the examination would be in an intriguing television Quiz arrangement – quarterfinals, Semifinals and finals.
Recap of Stage 2
- Stage Final examination is in a TV Quiz format and also in phases: Preliminary, Semifinal, and Finals.
- Cowbell questions are developed by NECO.
- It is serialized to 13 episodes and broadcast on major television channels pan Nigeria
Not Yet Out
Cowbellpedia Results Released June 1st, 2020
The Officials of the Cowbellpedia Mathematics Competition has officially released the result of the Cowbellpedia Competition. The Result was released on June 1st, annually. Check Results here
Shortlisted(Top 17) would need to write a pre-qualification exam (PQE) to determine those to fill the vacant slot/s (Qualified Top17) and should such student fail to make the ‘Qualified Top17’, such student will automatically take over the position of ‘Qualified State Rep’ for the state.
Shortlisted State Rep that is dependent on the outcome of the PQE of Shortlisted(Top17).
Shortlisted State Rep that is dependent on the outcome of the PQE of Shortlisted (Top 17) & State Tie-Break. Tied students at the state level will need a PQE to break the State Rep slot after the determination of the Shortlisted(Top17).
Shortlisted State Rep that is not dependent on Shortlisted (Top 17) but only needs PQE to determine the State Rep.